Tuesday 6 December 2011

Hello World

I started 2011 on a bit of a downer if I'm honest. On the one hand I was disappointed by the lack of flying cars & holidays on the Moon that had been promised by 2010! On the other, more serious hand, I was disappointed by myself. I felt that I had become stuck.

I looked-back and, with the exception of my work, could think of no note-worthy achievements for the whole of 2010! I'm lucky that my job allows me to make a real difference in peoples lives but it does tend to consume a disproportionate amount of my time!

I had fallen into the trap. I worked hard at school and got into university. I worked hard in university and got my dream career. Then...

...nothing much else.

So, I resolved to become more than my job and to take back control of my life. Consequently, 2011 has been a much better year! With 2012 fast approaching, I felt the need to find a way to hold myself accountable. Hence this blog.

Here, I will post my goals, my achievements and my failures. Here, I will try to build a life beyond just my work!

No comments:

Post a Comment