Thursday 19 January 2012

30 Day Challenges

I've drawn a measure of inspiration from this video:


In addition to any other challenge I set myself, I've decided I'll do eleven 30 day challenges, one each month for the remainder of this year.

February
Take one photo every day. [FAILED]

March
Try the paleo diet for a month. (See Steve Kamb's Nerd Fitness article on the subject). [FAILED]

April
Do 15 minutes of yoga every day throughout April (I'll be using Wii Fit Plus for this one). [FAILED]

May
Walk 10,000 steps every day throughout May. (I'll track this with my FitBit). [FAILED]

June
Drink eight 375ml glasses of water every day in June. [FAILED]

July
Get up no later than 06:00 every day in July (except when on night shifts). [FAILED]

August
Practice piano for half an hour every day. (Using Garageband lessons). [ABANDONED]

September
Avoid buying lunch throughout September. [ABANDONED]

October
Avoid coffee throughout October. (This one will certainly be difficult for me). [ABANDONED]

November
Write a 50,000 word novel as part of nanowrimo. The daily target is 1,667 words. All I need now is an idea and an outline but I've got ten months to figure that out! [ABANDONED]

December
TBD [ABANDONED]

I'll post progress reports for each month's challenge. If I find any of the habits beneficial, I'll keep them up. I'm also open to suggestions for future 30 day challenges.


UPDATE: I've abandoned my 30 Day Challenges. See the July 3rd post.

No comments:

Post a Comment