Saturday 21 July 2012

My Second 'Barefoot' parkrun

Proof I was there in my VFF's!
Following the other week's cancellation, I've finally done a 'barefoot' Braunstone parkrun, my 'home' parkrun.

At Braunstone, the route is mostly on a tarmac path, except for part of the midway hill which is a dirt track. As such, it was a little less forgiving to the feet than the soft, muddy, dirt trail at Conkers.

Despite this, I managed to run quite comfortably keeping the late Caballo Blanco's mantra of "Easy, Light, Smooth, Fast" in mind.
Another PB! 25:04.84 according to my Garmin!!
I was elated at the end to look to my GPS watch to see a time of 25:04.84! That's 2:09 faster than my previous best at Braunstone and 27s faster than my effort at Conkers the other week!

I was even more elated when my official time was posted, exactly matching my own estimate!

A screenshot showing my official time.

There is no doubt in my mind now that I'm significantly faster in my VFF's. Now, only a mere 4 seconds off crossing another goal off The List!


Me approaching the finish line. (Something very odd happened to my hair along the way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment